Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Group Editor??

Hi there

Im following through the tutorials from 3d Buzz about UDK and i realize a lot of the videos applied to much earlier versions of UDK, so i wanted to clarify something.

They mention that there should be a Group Editor (allowing you to select, create and delete groups within UDK). In the video it claims this is accessible either through View>Browser Windows>Group Editor, or you can find the Tab for it when you enter the Content Browser.

I am currently working with the June release (Engine version: 8623) and am unable to see it anywhere. Could someone please help explain where I can find the Group Editor, or if teh system has changed; giv me a very quick run-down on how to group actors?

Thankyou

Xandermacleod

nvrmind, just saw layer editor. oopsie! hopefully this'll help other dim-wits like me. :-)

Comment

in case others run across the thread without reading the changelogs for their UDK ver first .. The Group system was renamed to Layers, and a completely different Group concept was added.

Comment

thanks was wondering why groups didnt work after watching 3dbuzz tuts. seems like learning a constantly updating engine is going to be a nightmare, not that iam complaining tho more updates the better in long run.

Comment

Working...
        X