X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem Adding UTActorFactoryAI

Hello Everyone..

Hope all of you doing well..

I am facing an issue whenever I add Actor Factory, and then in its properties I want to add "UTActorFactoryAI" to the Factory in "Seq Act Actor Factory", it isn't show up there.. Please help me out where is the problem? Is it in my map, because when I change my map its working fine. If problem is in map kindly figure it out for me what I've to change in my map..

Check this snap shot for more clearer idea..

The problem is in your map name... you are using illegal characters in the name, like "?"... so the option doesn't appear. Just change your map name to something simple, like "Level1".

I hope this helps, good luck with your project!

Comment

I'm rather curious how you deduced that from the screenshot, Whitenorthstar

Comment

So nice of you David.. heaps of thanks..I spent 3 days over it for fixing it.. But you figured it out just in minutes.. wow I am so happy..

Please check below kismet sequence which I've made for spawning my custom bots, but still when I start playing game, bots didn't show..

Its all in 1 window, but I've divided window in 2 parts..

1:

2:

Comment

@ Blade - I had the exact same problem six months ago

@ Xahur - your welcome! your next challenge is a bit more difficult. I think both your bots should be spawning at a specific object, like using a pathnode for a spawn point.

If that doesn't work, I'd (temporarily) simplify your kismet, first spawning them and step by step adding to their behavior.

For simplicity, you might also use consider using a 'level start' as the trigger to spawn them.

Comment

Ok David, I'll give it a try..

More suggestions are welcomed..

Comment

Thank god someone knew the answer to this!

Team13

Comment

i had nightmare getting bots to work,every guide i followed got same result bot standing still never doing anything.
                thankfully i found this vid and everything works great now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KjLF...eature=related

Comment

Thanks a lot kg777, That is exactly what I was looking for, so nice of you..

Heaps of thanks..

XAHUR

Originally posted by kg777 View Post
                  i had nightmare getting bots to work,every guide i followed got same result bot standing still never doing anything.
                  thankfully i found this vid and everything works great now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KjLF...eature=related

Comment

Not sure if you realize it or not but in the image below you don't have an instigator for the player spawned.

[SHOT]http://i53.tinypic.com/34fh89x.png[/SHOT]

Comment

You don't need one.

Comment

Hello Hellclown..

Thanks a lot for having a look onto this, I've solved my problem, my bots are showing up now.. I am so glad.. Anyways thanks a lotttt...

Zahoor

Originally posted by Hellclown View Post
                        Not sure if you realize it or not but in the image below you don't have an instigator for the player spawned.

[SHOT]http://i53.tinypic.com/34fh89x.png[/SHOT]

Comment

Working...
                        X