Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by darthviper107 View Post
    That doesn't give you an excuse to bump so soon. It makes you seem like you think you're impatient
    Who says I need an excuse to bump?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Modestmuse View Post
    you didnt see my "for good measure" statement though?
    That doesn't give you an excuse to bump so soon. It makes you seem like you think you're impatient

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I FIGURED it out!!!!!
    All I had to do was use actor x instead of crosswalk, crosswalk really sucks for xsi i wish theyd fix it. Another thing that helped was Parenting the mesh with BOTH nulls (even tho the nulls are parented together)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by darthviper107 View Post
    Dude, don't bump so soon. If after a few days it might be OK, but definitely not an hour later and not at a time when most people aren't online anyways.

I don't know XSI, but in 3ds Max, you can set any object as a bone as long as you use the skin modifier.
    you didnt see my "for good measure" statement though?

anyways, XSI runs a little different just gonna have to wait

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Dude, don't bump so soon. If after a few days it might be OK, but definitely not an hour later and not at a time when most people aren't online anyways.

I don't know XSI, but in 3ds Max, you can set any object as a bone as long as you use the skin modifier.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Modestmuse View Post
    ooh i see, and is there any way to use those nulls as bones? It use to work before i updated UDK. It would somehow detect those nulls and set them as bones
    Bumping for good measure

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ooh i see, and is there any way to use those nulls as bones? It use to work before i updated UDK. It would somehow detect those nulls and set them as bones

Leave a comment:

• replied
    To me it sounds like it's not actually using the nulls as bones

That's the type of error that you would get from importing a skeletal mesh that doesn't have bones.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Importing Skeletal Meshes and XSI

Importing Skeletal Meshes and XSI

it seems like ever since I did the June update UDK wont import any of my animated skeletal meshes from XSI
    So here's the details:
    I have like twenty rotating nulls attached to these leaves, I envelope the leaves to the null, and then create another null, set nuetral pose and freeze all transforms, then parent all the other nulls to that null,
    I use Crosswalk and when I export it I check "export envelope developer as skeleton"

anyways right when I import this it says "Import Failed." and when i check the log it says it imported successfully. Which is wrong because it didnt import at all.
    Ive tried everything!
    is there anything Im doing wrong, this has worked before?
    Any good step by step guide to making skeletal meshes ready for UDK in XSI
    (besides this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6A1e516voY)
Working...
X