Mutli character sellection/ class picking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mutli character sellection/ class picking

im making a game that requires the players to choose from multiple classes (male- female) then character type (assassin - assult - deffesive ext)
    does anyone know where to find a guide on this as it is a vital part of the game.

i am also looking for a tutorial on how to create a online server set, auto saving, character customisation and posibly wall climbing.

Catie F
    X.x.X.x.X
    X.x.X
    X

I think Dungeon Defenders Source has a character selection. Have a gander at that.

Comment

online server set? UDK already works online using a manual IP. if by 'server set' you mean a multiplayer lobby, I've heard that's what Steam is for but I'm not sure it really does serve as a true 'find game list, select and join game' kind of lobby

autosaving is much more complicated as UDK doesn't allow saving/loading natively, but there's a few alternatives for this available. do a search, I believe there's 2 or 3 of them. don't use the word 'autosave' though, as I believe they're just for saving/loading but don't come with an automatic function (though making it automatic would be the easy part of it all)

for character customization, start with the UDK gems tutorial, that should get you started with character body part "paperdolling". from that up, it's up to you if you just want to switch meshes for body parts, armors, etc; or if you'd want to use some MorphTargets to deform the faces into new ones (think Oblivion's face gen)

wall climbing is also tricky. there's some people that implemented it but I'm not sure if there's any source code available. again, search.

Comment

I'm really interested in learning how to do this as well! But, I bet it can be done with UnrealScript. Are you learning that by any chance? I'm just curious

Comment

Working...
        X