Request for programming architecture forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Request for programming architecture forum

Lately I've been noticing the lack of and need for a forum related to programming architecture, instead of implementation details.

The programming / unrealscript forum is flooded with posts asking questions related to implementation. Very little discussion revolves around programming architecture.

Since non-licensees do not have access to the UE3 source, I think it'd be a good idea to give them a place to exchange architectual ideas. Often enough, in order to facilitate integration with third party components such as a physical database, we need to proceed through routes we may not normally (as non-restricted programmers) such as dllbind, etc...

It'd be interesting to see what kind of multi-tiered architecture UDK users are implementing to make tasks like these work. I'm sure there are some projects out there that have quite extensive service tiers, etc...

Every day users are finding new use cases for the UDK, and I'm sure many of them are not as straightforward as we might first think.

Anyway, I'm done ranting, just my two cents.

Thanks,

Zachary Carter
Working...
X