Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to combine earlier releases assets with the new June 2011 release?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Nice! I just replaced the newer packages with the older ones checking between versions to see what was added/removed and now the maps are loading packages correctly. Thanks!

Although whenever I play the map in the editor and exit the map it will crash the editor. When running the map from the UDK Game app it exits just fine though.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No, there hasn't been any real change for quite some time. The only time there has been a change was when shader model 2 support was dropped.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Was there any significant change in hardware requirements between september udk and this update? TIA

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No, you cannot. As far as I'm aware however, there are no later-added maps using the original packaged content, so if you overwrite it, maps from the latest version should not be missing assets.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Right I had the same idea and tried that...but my issue comes in with duplicate package names. Can I do this without overwriting the packages?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Copy the map across, look at what assets are missing. Copy the packages containing missing assets over.

Leave a comment:

• How to combine earlier releases assets with the new June 2011 release?

I currently have all versions from June 2010 to June 2011 installed and I have maps that have references to the packages in several of those versions. Since some of the later versions released have removed assets, I want to be able to open a map in the June 2011 version of UDK, that was created in an earlier release and keep the references intact.

So I want to try to consolidate all the previous assets from earlier releases of UDK into either one large directory or several directories separated by the version they were released with.

Any ideas on how to do this?
Working...
X