Landcape importing problem in june verssion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Landcape importing problem in june verssion

Hi, I have download and instaled the June verssion and now I have a problem, I can't import an heightmap with the landscape system, I do all corectly: I chose an heightmap created with terresculptor, I set the format to pc and unsigned, set 63 quads per section and 4 section by component, and then the "create landscape" button stay grey and I can't click it.

anyone can help?

I don't have any problem with importing heightmap in June version.
    what's your heightmap size?this might cause some problems in recent UDK builds.
    you can check UDN Landscape ref. for proper heightmap size.

Comment

My heightmap was 1005 by 1005, I chreated a new one with 1009 by 1009 like in the video and it worked... everything is ok for the import but now if I try to build the lightning, UDK crash... Do you know something about that?

Comment

It might be a bug in current state of UDK.use a smaller landscape size (<509x509) to build lighting successfully.

Comment

And if I want my terrain to me big?? Could I separate my terrain in pieces so it does not change but it will be easier to render?

Comment

as I tested yes you can, But it's tricky and I prefer the Old terrain system.I hope epic releases a stable landscape build in near future.

Comment

okay thanks for the reply, Can you point me in the right direction in making that? I mean separate te landscape in smaller part? I am not the only one on the forum that have this problem so I want to test this solution.

Comment

It depends on the terrain generation software that you use,but in general you can split each huge heightmap into smaller ones in image editing softwares like photoshop.

Comment

yeah okay I used terresculptor and I don't know how to edit te file .r16 with photoshop

Comment

I don't use terresculptor,but if you can export .raw or bmp from it, you can edit heightmap in photoshop and convert new maps to .r16 for use in udk.
                    and googling for converters is useful.

Comment

okay I will try that, thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
                      X