Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question on where to save you maps and how to make package folder..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on where to save you maps and how to make package folder..

Alright so far i have been saveing my map in UDK content map folder and it ssavees good and opens fine but there is no package file. and when i try to save it theough the content browser is gives a message saying cant save via the content browser not saveing the package. soooo i dont know what to do on this any help??

Make a directory in content browser suppose "abc", save your material in it and right click on "abc" and save it..Don't save your material or static mesh in default directories. i hope this will help..

Comment

Thanks for the reply! Do you save the map as the same name or a different name? As in abc2.udk or abc.udk. And with the map being a different name as the package you just made will it keep all the content in there. I know this seems a stouped n00b question but i've been haveing issues with packages sence the 2011 versions came out.

Comment

The map will be in the .upk format, and you shouldn't really save content in it.

Comment

Thanks for responding graylord, can you explain why not to save stuff into the package? why create it at all then? dont you need the package for your level? But when i save the package before i save the level i have to have a different name from the package i just made, and the new map save makes a whole nother package. so what one am i supposed to use.

Comment

No, you shouldn't generally save content to your level package. Save it in a seperate package, so that you don't ever try to use it from another map, and then the editor gets all nasty with you when you try to link two maps together that way.

Your resources should go into packages, and your map should use those. Your map should be it's own file. And never name a Map and a upk package (or a code package) with the same name.

Comment

Thanks for the replys! Ok i think i am understanding this now. Use other packages for all my stuff and not the levels package. I apprecheate all the help guys!

Comment

Working...
              X