no commercial licence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no commercial licence

hello. I don't have a commercial licence for UDK. If i want to make money off of a movie that I want to make using the UDK matinee features is there a way to get published by somebody who does have a licence? is there another route?

Dont think so cause the publisher has to pay royalties and I dont think youll find anyone who will do that for you, but then again you never know. If im wrong someone will correct me.

Comment

I think it would be much easier to just pay the $99 for a commercial license, than to find someone to cover the royalties for you.

Comment

Yeah during development you are not required (as far as I understand) to purchase a commercial license. Once your project is ready for sale then you will be required to purchase a $99 royalty bearing license as outlined in the licensing page http://udk.com/licensing . Then after that once again according to the licensing page you can earn up to $50,000 in revenue before you have to start paying anything beyond the $100.

It shouldn't be that hard to come up with $99 to sell your work as surely there will be manufacturing costs associated with producing (I assume) DVD's or another delivery system.

Comment

Pretty much what Donald said - pay the $99 up front (or rather, just before you're set to distribute your product) and have done with it.

Comment

Working...
          X