Face missed after importing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Face missed after importing

I create a Mesh and has all parts ok. But when I open in UDK I found one face is missed. And I don't really think is a flipped normal problem because I can see in original in modeling editor the face.
    What can I do to solve it?

Could you show the wireframe? It could be a topology issue. Especially considering how the rest of the model looks.

Comment

Could you show the wireframe? It could be a topology issue. Especially considering how the rest of the model looks.
      That's the wireframe, and has all triangutation meshs to make the surface:

Comment

Yeah... that's a mess. There's even an edge crossing over where here should be empty space.

How did you make the model, in a modeling software, or converting BSPs?

If you modeled it in an external program, could you show the wireframe of it before export?

Comment

Originally posted by Graylord View Post
          Yeah... that's a mess. There's even an edge crossing over where here should be empty space.
          No, you're just seeing two lines as one. I'm pretty sure it's flipped normal. What software are you using and how did you check the normal?

Comment

Ah, I see, must be the angle. Some of those edges along the top and the edges of the insides does concern me though. A wireframe of the source object could clarify the issue.

Edit: It could also be due to faulty export settings.

Comment

If you modeled it in an external program, could you show the wireframe of it before export?
              This image is a image of Maya. I make first in 3DS Max and export to Maya in .fbx.

No, you're just seeing two lines as one. I'm pretty sure it's flipped normal. What software are you using and how did you check the normal?
              Solved!
              I have to said that (Like Graylord espect) I make a milagre to create this simple part of model. Just using the tool in 3ds to gap the surface and make this floor. A quite abstract technic, this kinds. I don't recomend create this shapes really.

Thanks everybody, I will to make a flip normal in Maya. And the face will be ...or the mesh faces, to right orientation.

Comment

Working...
              X