PC Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PC Help

I don't know if this is the right place, but UDK is the "tech" forum I know/use. But whatever.

So I am having trouble with my new PC. My problem is it won't start. It shows that there's power, because the power LED is lit.... but when I press the power button, nothing happens. I've checked the connections, I've made sure everything is plugged in. And nothing helps. Here's my specs:

AzzA Solano 1000(case)

GTS 450

AMD Athlon II x4 @3.0 GhZ

Asus M4N75TD Motherboard

Cooler Master 550W PSU

Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB hard drive.

I don't know what else to say. PC won't turn on basically.

PS: I just built it today.

Every time I get this issue on a PC that is new or just had a hardware upgrade, I always take out the video card and the disk drives and then try. Most of the time it's either one of the two or the PSU not being good enough as the problem.

Maybe it's just me, but that 550W PSU seems a shade low for a GTS 450 and an Athlon II X4.

Comment

Most likely the power supply is too weak. @550 your got giving the comp much power. That or try plugging it in a different wall outlet.

Comment

When something's wrong, there usually is beep code. If there's no beep, my guess is that there's no power being supplied to the motherboard. Does any of the lights come on when you power on? Any fans spinning? Or absolutely nothing happens? Another possibility is that some of the newer cases have case intrusion sensor. Are you turning on the computer with case open?

Comment

Maybe your power suply is not strong enough, or just the connection are wrong on the motherboard. maybe your power suply is defectuous. I know this is a ridiculous thing but, chek if you have a swith directly on the power suply, at the back.

Comment

550W power is quite sufficient power, most machines' actual usage is arround 450W (with modern hardware)

Comment

yess effectively, the computer of my friend as done this one time and it was juste the RAM that was not connected well, try removing and reinstaling your RAM. I hope this will solve your problem

Comment

Working...
              X