Brill deal DX11 Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brill deal DX11 Card

Hey Guys, Not sure if you’re supposed to do this but it's such a bargain I thought I should let people know as were all Indy on here and saving money is a necessity. ATI Radeon HD 5850 (same as Radeon HD 6870 but was re branded) for £94.99 inc VAT Crazy good deal but is only this week, I just bought one as was waiting to get the best deal possible on a dx11 card but you wont find better performance for the price anywhere (UK relevant only).

Link: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...56&subcat=1711

THIS WEEK ONLY OFFER
    was £124.99 inc VAT
    £119.99 inc VAT
    £99.99 ex VAT

??? not under £100

shame it isnt something like an nvidia gtx 470 or 480 for that price

Comment

Linkinworm, ordered mine this morning. £95 + £8 postage, money already debited out my account. Just been on there site and they have put the price up, gutted peeps looks like they had a rush on

Comment

i have a gtx 460 overclocked to outperform this card anyway, and cuda is a selling point given how many apps use hardware rendering which aren't supported with AMD cards

Comment

Sweet, let me make it clear this isn't me endorsing ATI over Nvidia, if I found an as powerful nvidia card for the price I would of bought it. Just found an article on toms hardware that explained in the may best graphics deal that they were doing this. Saved £50 quid, and as someone that has to pay rent, council tax,water,Gas,electric,Telephone,Broadband,tv license,insurance,food, saving £50 means a lot. Now I can start developing with DX11 with the Superb Epic Unreal Engine. PS if you think an over clocked gtx 460 is better your joking.

Also if you look at the high end apps like Vray RT your find that ATI cards are supported just as well as Nvidia in the future

Comment

Originally posted by KingBadger View Post
            Sweet, let me make it clear this isn't me endorsing ATI over Nvidia, if I found an as powerful nvidia card for the price I would of bought it. Just found an article on toms hardware that explained in the may best graphics deal that they were doing this. Saved £50 quid, and as someone that has to pay rent, council tax,water,Gas,electric,Telephone,Broadband,tv license,insurance,food, saving £50 means a lot. Now I can start developing with DX11 with the Superb Epic Unreal Engine. PS if you think an over clocked gtx 460 is better your joking.

Also if you look at the high end apps like Vray RT your find that ATI cards are supported just as well as Nvidia, Tool
            overclocked to almost 900mhz and 2100mhz memory clock. and vray doesnt use hardware rendering, iray does which makes it faster for rendering on 3dsmax. i have yet to see ati have any hardware rendering options in 3dsmax and almost any other hardware accelerated program(physx,octane, video editing programs,) on several tests iv seen the stock gtx 460 outperform or only slightly under perform(1-3 fps) less than the 5850 overclocking to what i have makes the 460 beast for the price it cost me. you should really read some more comparison and reviews about cards before making them sort of comments

Comment

Hahahaha, Depends on CPU Platform and Main board. (When developing I wouldn’t over clock). I think your find that Vray does use hardware rendering called VrayRT and it's the future for Production rendering and Real time rendering within a few years. OpenCL as an implementation on AMD cards is nowhere near as good as cuda yet because it's harder to code on AMD GPU's, but there is video on the net of OpenCL hardware rendering with AMD

Comment

Hahahaha, Depends on CPU Platform and Main board. (When developing I wouldn’t over **** I mean over clock). I think your find punk that Vray does use hardware rendering called VrayRT and it's the future for Production rendering and Real time rendering within a few years.
                you havnt seen iray obviously and i have yet to see any ATI card do hardware rendering please show me this working. and whats with the "**** and punk and tool" comments, are you 12 years old? please grow up kid.

Comment

I have seen iray and it's the same tech that other company's use for their respective platform but without having to be Nvidia driven (Even though iray does look interesting), guess AMD could create such a plugin/app but what's the point when other company's already use the same tech within their own platforms (OpenCL). Check You tube under Vray RT GPU for example, it's not just Vray that have been working on this tech. Using GPU's to speed up rendering is nothing new. Hahaha, I guess I should apologise for taking the **** out you but in my defence it's so easy.

Comment

Hahaha, Right the Punk, ****, Tool comments were because what you said deserved that evaluation, I have seen iray and it's the same tech that other company's use for their respective platform but without having to be Nvidia driven (Even though iray does look interesting), guess AMD could create such a plugin/app but what's the point when other company's already use the same tech within their own platforms. Check You tube under Vray RT GPU for example, it's not just Vray that have been working on this tech. Using GPU's to speed up rendering is nothing new. Hahaha, I guess I should apologise for taking the **** out you but in my defence it's so easy.
                    i know gpu rendering is nothing new but nothing has ever dont hardware rendering on ATI cards, only nvidia

Comment

Working...
                    X