Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there no sharpen post-process effect in UDK ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there no sharpen post-process effect in UDK ?

Hi,

1. In UDK go to View -> World Properties.
    2. Expand WorldInfo.
    3. Expand DefaultPostProcessSettings.

As you can see in the list,the postprocessing effects that UDK currently supports is: Bloom, DOF(depth of field), Motionblur, SceneEffect, AmbientOcclusion.

Is there no Sharpen post-process effect in UDK ?

Why would there be a 'Sharpen' effect, and what would it do?

Comment

Why would there be a 'Sharpen' effect, and what would it do?
      Sharpen the whole scene.

Comment

"Sharpen" has a LOT of meanings. You can't just say 'sharpen the scene'. To me it means a filter that detects and attempts to unblur edges / detail. I don't see how that would be useful in a game engine, since if you didn't want anything blurred, you wouldn't blur it in the first place.

Comment

Sharpness

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ||||||

Comment

Do it yourself : http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78153

Comment

That's one hell of a razor gun you got there!

Comment

How can one sharpen the scene when everything is already aliased? o_O

Comment

Originally posted by Xendance View Post
                  How can one sharpen the scene when everything is already aliased? o_O
                  Pretty much. If you don't want blur, then don't apply any in the first place.

Comment

If you're having a problem with something specific, try posting some example screens.

Comment

I am talking about a whole scene sharpening post-processing effect filter.

Comment

Wouldn't that make everything look ugly and hurt your eyes?

Comment

Wouldn't that make everything look ugly and hurt your eyes?
                          No,not exactly.
                          We could have an option to set the sharpen amount and threshold etc,etc,....

Comment

i think independent soul made a sharpen mask to compensate for some blurr shader he made. I believe he might explain a bit of how he worked with it. But he hasn't explained much about any of this shaders.

Comment

But he hasn't explained much about any of this shaders.
                              That's the thing with these custom designers who make their own things.
                              It would be nice if Epic made its own whole scene sharpen post processing effect .
                              Then we know that it will be optimized,fast,and fully supported.

Comment

Working...
                              X