FBX import problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Thanks for the insight. If you ever need a technical reviewer please let me know. I just finished reviewing the entire curriculum for iD Gaming Academy. I have found some grammatical errors that may make the UDN easier to follow if they were corrected. Not saying that the documentation isn't very helpful or that the creators of it aren't doing a good job. Just offering to help.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Texture dimensions must be powers of 2. I believe it is mentioned in the [UDN]ImportingTextureTutorial[/UDN], but I have put it on the list of things that needs to be addressed as it really should be mentioned more prominently I believe.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok so the .tga files worked but now can someone tell me where to find the specs for dimension rules as they relate to UDK? I have a texture that looks great in Photoshop at 1024 x 709. Does the texture sizes HAVE to be in powers of 2 like the scale rule? I am searching the UDN but having no luck finding a specific answer so any help will be appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey I just figured out that jpegs are no good in UDK. This may be the problem. I am checking now by changing a file from jpeg to tga. Will comment here in a bit.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The format is jpeg and the dimensions vary but what would you suggest for both?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What format and dimensions are your textures?

Leave a comment:

• started a topic FBX import problems

FBX import problems

I am having a hard time getting the textures to transfer over with my models using FBX from Maya to UDK. I am following the UDN word for word and still no textures. http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/FBXSt...hPipeline.html
    At the most I get a material that is the Lambert Shader from Maya but it is a bright yellow color for some reason (As you can see on the ground plane and the two towers in the front). Does anyone know a solution to this since Actor X isn't available for Maya 2012 yet?

Working...
X