Camera resolution gate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camera resolution gate

I am trying to position a static camera precisely at a position looking into a scene. But i am having difficulty getting it exactly where I want it in the editor.

It would help if I could see exactly the final resolution in the editor as I was moving the camera around. I know in Maya I can turn on the resolution gate which shows up as a box framing exactly what the camera will "see."

Is there a way to do something similar in UDK's editor?

There is a little eye icon just above your viewport. Toggle that, then click your camera to change your viewport to the cameras. Now, wherever you move in the viewport, the camera will move to as well.

Comment

I've used that. Its a little difficult to judge precisely everything the camera will see. You can heighten and widen the viewport to different aspect ratios that don't conform with your final viewport. In my case, I am developing for iPad which is 1024x768.

My current solution is to move the camera a little then fire off the game and check the camera. It works, but I hoped there is less iterative process.

Comment

Working...
      X