UDK University Online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UDK University Online

I am not sure if this subject has been brought up in the past, if it has I am bringing it up again...

Something for the good people of Epic Games to think about...

Is it possible to have an event like this http://www.ecgconf.com/content/learning_UDK held online.
    I think an event like this held online would draw a great crowd of the community's best and help to promote Indie development.
    The format could even be changed from a 2 day seminar to a true 2-8 week educational course held online. <-----(I like this idea even better!!!)
    Keynote speakers would not have to be live they could be a video download, lunches and breaks could be optional (pending approval from my Union Steward).
    I know that I would pay handsomely for Epic studio backed training and the chance to have classroom interaction with Epic developers or Epic approved instructors...

Below is the breakout sessions for the 2011 event...

Breakout Sessions located in the Unreal University
    Unreal University 2011

9:30am-10:30am Session 1 Overview of the Unreal Development Kit (UDK)
    This session covers the toolsets within in UDK and provides an overview of their uses for making games. Session speakers James Tan and Markus Arvidsson.

10:30am-10:45am Break 1
    10:45am-11:45am Session 2a How to Make a Racing Game for iOS with UDK
    This session will teach attendees how to make a simple iOS racing game primarily using Unreal Kismet. Session speakers James Tan and Markus Arvidsson.

10:45am-11:45am Session 2b The Technology Behind the DirectX 11 Unreal Engine Samaritan Demo (This session will be in the Keynote Room)
    Martin Mittring, Senior Graphics Architect, Epic Games

12:00pm-1:30pm Lunch Break

1:30pm-2:30pm KEYNOTE 1: The Future of Graphics Processing
    Tony Tamasi, Senior Vice President of Content and Technology, NVIDIA

2:30pm-2:45pm Break 2

2:45pm-3:45pm Session 3 How to Make a Side-Scrolling Platform Game with UDK
    This session will show attendees how to make a simple side-scrolling platform game for PC primarily using UnrealScript. Session speakers James Tan and Markus Arvidsson.

3:45pm-4:00pm Break 3

4:00pm-5:00pm Session 4 Over-Achievers from Down Under: The Team Behind Sp.A.I

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Breakout Career Lounge

9:30am-10:30am Session 1 Overview of the Unreal Development Kit (UDK)
    This session covers the toolsets within in UDK and provides an overview of their uses for making games. Session speakers James Tan and Markus Arvidsson.

10:30am-10:45am Break 1

10:45am-11:45am Session 2 How to Build a UDK Level in One Hour
    This session will demonstrate how to quickly make a game level using the Unreal Editor. Session speakers James Tan and Markus Arvidsson.

12:00pm-1:30pm Lunch Break

1:30pm-2:30pm KEYNOTE 2: The Short View
    Mark Cerny, Cerny Games

2:30pm-2:45pm Break 2

2:45pm-3:45pm Session 3 Becoming a Digital Movie Director with UDK
    This session will walk attendees through using Unreal Matinee to create a short digital film.

3:45pm-4:00pm Break 3

4:00pm-5:00pm Session 4 Using NVIDIA PhysX and APEX Clothing with Unreal Engine 3
    This session will provide tips on working with NVIDIA's latest physics technology and UE3. Session speaker will be David Schoemehl.

What are your thoughts on an event of this nature?
    Would you be willing to pay for this type of event?
    I appeal to Epic Games to please give this topic consideration.

Thanks,

Doodle

I suspect the majority of the indies capable of affording this kind of event are probably already involved anyway.

Comment

Is that onsite or online?

Comment

Originally posted by ambershee View Post
        I suspect the majority of the indies capable of affording this kind of event are probably already involved anyway.
        This is not true. I could afford the class but not the time and travel from were I am. I emailed Epic about this especialy one class of intrest to me.

This is what they told me about this.

"We're planning to record and release UDK tutorial sessions down the road. I don't have an ETA at this time but will update the LinkedIn group with video links as soon as new content becomes available. "

Thank you Epic.

Comment

I agree

Originally posted by dreamlarp View Post
          This is not true. I could afford the class but not the time and travel from were I am. I emailed Epic about this especialy one class of intrest to me.

This is what they told me about this.

"We're planning to record and release UDK tutorial sessions down the road. I don't have an ETA at this time but will update the LinkedIn group with video links as soon as new content becomes available. "

Thank you Epic.
          I think there are plenty of people who could afford to attened an online event or classes provided by Epic Games.
          I would have traveled to the event but I did not find the information until the event had passed.

Comment

I believe this is something really needed.

As an Indie such an events can reduce a lot of time to become more aware about the engine, and build our games faster.

Comment

Totally agree, this would work very well IMO.

Comment

[10:45am-11:45am Session 2a How to Make a Racing Game for iOS with UDK
                This session will teach attendees how to make a simple iOS racing game primarily using Unreal Kismet. Session speakers James Tan and Markus Arvidsson. ]

everyone to know how to make a simple iOS racing game primarily using Unreal Kismet ???
                I want use kismet make simple racing game . everyone know ?

Comment

This is exsactly the content i would like to see. Any Chance to get a video of "How to Make a Racing Game for iOS with UDK"? I would even buy a dvd of it. UDK realy needs good and professional learning material, please release it as soon as possible. I just need a guided path, to realy start my journey into udk.

Comment

I'm really looking forward to this

Comment

Working...
                    X