Is this menu possible with UDK? (video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this menu possible with UDK? (video)

Hi all. I took a long time off from UDK to improve my skills at character animation, 3ds max, and z-brush. Its really paid off - I have a much higher understanding of 3d graphics than I did before and I learn more all the time.

Anyway, I made this (very) simple scene in about 15 minutes to question you guys about the menu system I want to create. Simply put - can I make something like this in UDK? I have yet to get into unreal script but maybe it is really simple to do things like this (in the video)....I've heard that the eat3d one is a good primer.

http://youtu.be/Wt8D-Nh-Th4

I want the orbs (guns and items that you've collected) to go OUT and in front of the character when a button is pressed or the mousewheel is scrolled down. They would also _follow_ the character in that same spot if they move the crosshair around or moved around. Then, they would dissappear (opacity changed or just deleted) after about 1.5 seconds. I'm not sure how it would handle going through walls but I assume it could go through them like in left 4 dead and then have a fresnel glow and an opacity change when it detects its through something.

My game that I'm envisioning is a zombie shooter designed around 3d so I want to use as much depth solutions as possible.

also, i remember reading in the UDN documentation that you can do motion blur on objects - does it work well?

I'm guessing that it is possible and I just need to get my programming skills up and learn unrealscript and visit the programming forum. At a guess I will just need to use bools and adjusting the material and visibility and something with turning the collision off for those items....

Comment

Yeah, you can.

Comment

It's much easier to do it through Scaleform.

Comment

Working...
        X