add Volume description guide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

add Volume description guide?

Is there a list or guide explaining all the different types of volumes, what they do and usage? Thanks

I wouldn't have thought so, they tend to get chopped and changed around quite a lot, and chances are you'll probably be adding a lot of your own in too to handle various things.

The big ones are:
    Blocking Volume - Can blocks actors / traces from passing through it.
    Level Streaming Volume - Used in level streaming (see docs)
    Lightmass Importance Volume - Defines space within the editor to concentrate on when building lighting; encapsulte your environment within one to dramatically speed up build times.
    PostProcessVolume - Use different post process settings when the player is within a given space.

Comment

Volumes are actually a straightforward kind of thing. The more specific ones are very likely mentioned in the tutorials about the context where you need them and some have a short description in their source code.

Do you have questions about some Volume in particular?

Comment

Originally posted by Crusha K. Rool View Post
        Volumes are actually a straightforward kind of thing. The more specific ones are very likely mentioned in the tutorials about the context where you need them and some have a short description in their source code.

Do you have questions about some Volume in particular?
        None in particular, I would like to read up on all the available functions so that I know what tools are available to be used for for my project. Thanks guys for your help.

Comment

Working...
        X