How unreal reads textures....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How unreal reads textures....

So i had a question about how unreal reads its textures. when you import a texture and use it like you would normally...is it now native in unreal? or if for whatever reason i have to delete it and i load the level would unreal not be able to find it and say like it doesn't exist or something? I'm asking because i have textures that aren't in the same folder as my level and package so i was wondering if i move those (my level and package) to another computer to view it that it wouldn't be able to find the textures because they arent in the same directory.

When it imports textures it compresses them and saves them in a package. So the original texture files don't matter anymore. If you want to work on a level with a different computer, you'll just have to make sure that you bring the package containing your textures as well.

Comment

Ensure that both the map and packages are in the Content folder within UDKGame or MobileGame. In relation to your other thread, don't distribute packages all over the place like we had to in UT3.

Comment

gotcha. thank again.

Comment

Working...
        X