The UDK Might & Day map!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The UDK Might & Day map!!!!

For me, it was almost like a spiritual experience, something that you get when visit a tribal community in the amazon, and they share their hallucinogenic mystical drink with you, or you go around licking poisonous frogs, and you suddenly enter another plane of existence. I was glued to the screen right up until the sun rose again.

I always knew the Unreal engine was powerful, and I always knew that it had been at the absolute forefront of modern gaming since Unreal 1 came out, but this video showed me that a lot of the things I'd heard UE cant do, actually CAN be done. For example, those incredible looking "sun rays" that wash over you as the sun sets behind the buildings (I read that was impossible with UE3), and the Assassins Creed style "shadow casting clouds", and generally how ALIVE everything looks.

Absolute Insanity, I love it!

A lot of people who say things can't be done, generally don't know Unreal Engine 3 very well and make general sweeping statements.

Comment

Lol, I think the spelling mistake in light and day, is more fitting as it is: Might & Day!

Comment

You can do most things (there are limitations) but the tradeoff is going to be performance and simplicity to do something. Night and Day looks great but in a game environment (not tech demo), alot of that is not good to do.

Comment

Originally posted by shuriken88 View Post
          For me, it was almost like a spiritual experience, something that you get when visit a tribal community in the amazon, and they share their hallucinogenic mystical drink with you, or you go around licking poisonous frogs, and you suddenly enter another plane of existence. I was glued to the screen right up until the sun rose again.

I always knew the Unreal engine was powerful, and I always knew that it had been at the absolute forefront of modern gaming since Unreal 1 came out, but this video showed me that a lot of the things I'd heard UE cant do, actually CAN be done. For example, those incredible looking "sun rays" that wash over you as the sun sets behind the buildings (I read that was impossible with UE3), and the Assassins Creed style "shadow casting clouds", and generally how ALIVE everything looks.

Absolute Insanity, I love it!

Halleluja!

Comment

Working...
          X