X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Blade[UG] View Post
    Back in myyyyyyy daaaaay these were our portable computers:

... 23 pounds! And we liked it! We LOVED it!
    haha, I remember playing on one of those. Except the one I was on was Monochrome ( old green on black ) and an XT not Commodore ( Original Compaq portable ). heaviest 23lbs I remember.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Forget Apple Mac, they suck.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Lol guys ... My point was that I wanted an apple in order to make some Xcode too apart from UDK . 4 kilos is not that heavy of course but u always consider it to carry with the motorcycle or just for fun just in case you get in to programming mood in your spare time. On the other hand almost 1 kilo is so little you don't even notice.

For the time being sloan47 has given me a clear answer (due to the fact that he is an owner if this machine) thx alot pal. I also thank every one else who got into trouble answering to my question.

Another option would be Sony z series super light and strong laptops , and samsung 9 series. But Sony doesn't support apple Xcode and samsung has a very weak gpu.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Graylord View Post
    How is that not mobile?
    Back in myyyyyyy daaaaay these were our portable computers:

[SHOT]http://oldcomputers.net/pics/sx64.jpg[/SHOT]

... 23 pounds! And we liked it! We LOVED it!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have the new 13" Air and it runs just fine in Bootcamp. The fans can get really loud at certain points but nothing too bad. It lags a bit when running the Day/Night demo map but considering the size of the machine that's to be expected.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by The_Saint View Post
    It has to be light because it has to be mobile. I already own a good laptop (toshiba with 19'' screen 9600 gpu and 8800 cpu) but i weights 4 kilos !!!
    How is that not mobile?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Im sure you can carry a couple of lbs unless its a major problem physically but....Honestly it should not be a big deal.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It has to be light because it has to be mobile. I already own a good laptop (toshiba with 19'' screen 9600 gpu and 8800 cpu) but i weights 4 kilos !!! i want to buy something light for general perpuse , and i consider MacBook air due to the fact that i can also play with OS X too ... just in case i want to make create apple applications with apple tools. The only matter is will an MBA handle UDK ? My serious work in UDK will be done on my desktop but i want to be able to load it in MBA too just in case i want to work out of my house sometimes.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I got this Samsung Q530 for £600 with a Core i3 (2.27Ghz), GT330M and 4GB of RAM. Still a weak machine compared to desktops, but it does the job, and is extremely light for its size.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Why does it have to be light? It just means there's smaller components in it, thus weaker.
    The ridiculous thing is that it's just as expensive, if not more. You'll get a much better "normal" laptop for the same price, they aren't exactly heavy anyway.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    2.1 Ghz is an option too , and 4GB of ram , i am a pc user but i want air because its so light ... but it has to be able to run UDK .... thats why i ask

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I suppose it should with that kind of GPU. Seems to run a variety of games, but I don't recognize any of them requiring Pixel Shader Model 3 as the minimum.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Geforce 320M is pretty craptastic, but it'll probably work. Might be slow.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Probably not, boot camp will take up ram and UDK takes up a lot of ram. Just get a nice PC that's cheap and fast.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic UDK on MacBook Air

UDK on MacBook Air

I m planning to buy a macbook air 13.6'' and i wonder . Is this machine capable of running UDK ? I dont expect high performance but i m afraid that UDK wont be able to be installed on this machine or startup. Of course i m planning to work on bootcamp Windows 7.

Macbook air will be 1.86 cpu and Nvidia geforce 320M gpu.

Thx in advance for your reply fellows
Working...
X