X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheAgent View Post
    Please close this thread.
    +1

(@Crolus: please refrain from using sentences like 'shut up'. Clearly English is not your native language, but beware the meaning might be hurtful to others.)

Comment

Yeah cool. But really can be used with one. Maybe sides of head cannot get propperly, but then use 3. Later move the head of character.

Comment

Truly as a community of professionals, we should never flame, or attack anyone else on these forums. To be called a professional, you not only have to have the knowledge, you also have to act the part. That means humility, passion, and a teacher type of personality for those of us that are in the professional gaming community. Regardless of what was said, or how it was said. We should be better than that. Let the Admins, and Mods deal with him if he is what you think he is.

As far as a wish list. I would have to agree with the original OP, I have played around with the free version of that software, and it cuts down rigging, and animation times severely.

I would also like to have the Samaritan demo included. As so to learn how they did that. Some of us here learn more, and faster from taking apart things than we would from a tech document.

Comment

@Crolus:
          I must admit I find it rather useless. We've already got FaceFX, and capturing facial animations with single camera will surely sucks.
          Moreover this is very specific feature and Epic , I guess, is concerned about more universal things, which can be used in many games. It simply does not pay off.

Comment

Use 3 then. Webcam, phone cam of girlfriend or brother and yours.

After edit video for sychronize.

Comment

Originally posted by Crolus View Post
              Use 3 then. Webcam, phone cam of girlfriend or brother and yours.

After edit video for sychronize.
              But this is amateurish. None of the game developers would ever use this. They are main targets for Epic. Why spend time ( time = money ) on something which won't be used ?

Guess, why they bought 32 high definition camers for really big money ? If it had been possible to do it cheaper not loosing quality they would have done that.

Comment

The number of cameras to use is your selection. And quality of these cameras.

Comment

I don't think it's even possible to do it with 3 cameras, even if it is possible it would most likely turn out really bad. You're better of just modeling it and then do the facial animations in facefx.

Also, you'd need some major processing power as team bondi themselves can only process 20 minutes of facial animation a day, and they probably have a server farm.

Comment

There is special software for motion capture - it neither engine nor engine's toolset role. If you need it you buy it and voila - all your dreams come true.
                    Forgive me but I can't easier, simply can't.

Comment

Im sorry but i key frame all my animations, and its not very hard. A good rig can solve all your animation problems.

Comment

Mmm probably is a problem like lighting.

In future a crytek research a method for reach that computation limit, see the GI of cryengine 3, and battlefield 3 and milo.

Comment

This thread seems to have spiraled into a bad place. I don't see anything useful coming of it at this point so I am going to close it.

In the future, if you do not have something constructive and/or polite to say, please just do not post at all. I expect everyone in this community to be respectful of the other members at all times. If you have problems with a post, report it. There is no need for flaming, insulting, or senseless arguing.

Comment

Working...
                          X