Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you have a team about 6 people, how do you reasonable distribution their ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you have a team about 6 people, how do you reasonable distribution their ?

example for me , I will reasonable to distribution the 6 member:
    1.for Planning the game.
    2.background & effect music
    3.modeling(skeletalmesh,animset,animtree,mesh,spee dtree)& texture / material
    4.lighting & level design / postprocess chain
    5.particle effect & PhysX effect ( APEX / SOFTBODY)
    6.programmer (C++, uscript) /Kismet/ HUD & UI (scaleform, actionscript)

what about for you to reasonable to distribution the 6 member ? ^_^

I think it depends on a project, but IMHO your artist has too much work to do - modeling, rigging, animating, texturing, dealing with shaders... a lot of work. But as I said before - the major factor is type of game you want to create. And you also have to consider what skills they have.

Comment

oh , yes ,I also have to consider what skills they have. this is main point. but everyone can detail say to me , how to distribution the 6 member ?

Comment

There is no correct step by step for that, it's especially impossible to give you details, since it's a case by case situation. You will have to judge for yourself.

I suggest asking your team members, what they want to do, test them out see what they can do and assign them accordingly. Then try to assign their various roles and listen to their feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by Graylord View Post
          There is no correct step by step for that, it's especially impossible to give you details, since it's a case by case situation. You will have to judge for yourself.

I suggest asking your team members, what they want to do, test them out see what they can do and assign them accordingly. Then try to assign their various roles and listen to their feedback.
          oh , thank , I know how to do . ^_^

Comment

If you were a very uncool person, you would say this:

"Well guys, Im glad you could make it today, since I have an important announcement to make. As you all know, I am the project leader, the game director, and generally the most important person on the planet, therefore you will all get nothing, I'll take the profits and just buy you all a drink for your months of hard work and sleepness nights, now get the hell out of my office, all of you, you mugs, you've outlived your usefulness to me, so I never want to see any of you again, until I call upon you to make another game".

But I couldn't condone that kind of behaviour. You might make a lot of enemies!

Comment

Originally posted by May View Post
              1.for Planning the game.
              If it's just an idea person that does nothing else, I wouldn't even have him in the team.

2.background & effect music
              Composers can actually work really quick. We have one with ten years of experience in our team and he can create an awesome track in one or two days. Of course it's still a lot of work, but not as time consuming as the rest of the development process. So the payment probably depends on the amount of soundtracks and effects that he produce and how good they.

You would probably pay Kenta Nagata, Koji Kondo or Nobue Uematsu a lot more than usual sound guys.

3.modeling(skeletalmesh,animset,animtree,mesh,spee dtree)& texture / material
              A very time-consuming and hard job, depending on your requirements. Don't know how much you'd pay a single modeler, but they probably make the biggest number of your team.

4.lighting & level design / postprocess chain
              Depends on the quality of his work. Probably on the same level as a modeler, maybe a bit less.

5.particle effect & PhysX effect ( APEX / SOFTBODY)
              This is not so hard work, they have a lot of fancy editors in which they just need to input values so that the stuff that the other team members made in their applications look good.

6.programmer (C++, uscript) /Kismet/ HUD & UI (scaleform, actionscript)
              Dire work, a lot of thinking and thousands of code lines and they aren't allowed any mistake mistake or the final product will suffer from it. It's a sophisticated job and so should be the payment.

But it depends of course on the complexity of the project and it's game mechanics. If he just needs to extend the UTGame content to create a pure classic FPS game, I wouldn't consider that much work.

Comment

You have to tell us at least what type of game your going after...

And btw, I smell Steven Chau under disguise.

Comment

Working...
                X