UDK Steam Download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UDK Steam Download

Did anyone try out the UDK that is said to be downloadable via the "Tools" section of Steam yet?

Just wondering if it works at all because when I try to download, it simply says that it's ~250 MB in size but when the download starts it shrinks to 80 kB and is finished immediately and also can't be started.
    So is there even a Steam version or is that just a link for the normal version you download from Epic and installed on your drive?

So far as i can tell it isn't the full UDK. It was just a way to give the UDK a Steam AppID So that when you are playing your game it shows up as "*Name* is playing Unreal Development Kit"

Comment

Or its just a placeholder. Who knows what comes

Comment

Yeah, I can picture it now "Your software has been updated, please start over"

Comment

Think about the hard rush to get everything done in one month before steam will kill all your content

Comment

Originally posted by wtfboomheadshot View Post
            So far as i can tell it isn't the full UDK. It was just a way to give the UDK a Steam AppID So that when you are playing your game it shows up as "*Name* is playing Unreal Development Kit"
            If you edit the game name in the ini's it will change what steam says. Kinda cool seeing your project name pop up, but then you get weird messages from your friends asking what the hell you are playing lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Arixsus View Post
              If you edit the game name in the ini's it will change what steam says. Kinda cool seeing your project name pop up, but then you get weird messages from your friends asking what the hell you are playing lol.
              You can already add any application with any name you like to Steam and it will be displayed to your friends with that name.

Comment

Originally posted by Arixsus View Post
                I did not know this. In which INI File do you change this?

Comment

Originally posted by Crusha K. Rool View Post
                  You can already add any application with any name you like to Steam and it will be displayed to your friends with that name.
                  That is different then this way, that will say you are playing a Non-steam game, where as going into DefaultEngineUDK.ini under [URL] line 32, and changing these lines to meet your need

Code:
                  GameName=GameNameHere  // Put what ever your Game name is here
                  GameNameShort=Abbreviated name here // And a shorted version here Map=UDKFrontEndMap.udk
                  Changing those 2 lines will now show when a UDK game is started as your Game name in both windows and steam.

Comment

Doesn't work for me. Everyone always identifies as Unreal Development Kit

Comment

Originally posted by Blade[UG] View Post
                      Doesn't work for me. Everyone always identifies as Unreal Development Kit
                      Hmph. Are you running multiple versions of UDK?

Comment

Mine wasn't working either til I let steam update itself, once steam was updated it went back to working

Comment

Working...
                        X