Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Does a Noob Need To Read First @ Forums ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Hey... i got a promotion ( that was quick ) !!! Wonder how long it will take to make "Stone-Cold-Killer-Diller" ?...kind regards, mark-p.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    "Search Feature" then is it...hmmmm, well-- maybe i'll just take a little stroll over there right now -- thanks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I haven't met anyone particularly harsh on the forums, even i the question has been asked before they tend to answer it and politely point you towards the search feature. That said, it's incredibly useful when you're trying to find info, a lot of people have asked a lot of questions and having all that at your disposal is invaluable. :P

And don't worry about the Skaarj, you'll move up in the world the longer you're here and the more posts you make.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You guy's are totally kewl & i thank you for your replies-- mark-p.
    P.S. Why do i have to be a Skaarj ? -- that's kind of like being the shoe in monopoly. I always get to be the tophat.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Those 3D Buzz video tutorials will have the answers to a great deal of the questions and problems you will come across as you begin using the UDK, especially the interface and simple level videos.

I'll say it now, though: if your widgets are pointing at odd angles, change the dropdown box in the main editor toolbar from "Local" to "World".

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [UDN]DevelopmentKitHome[/UDN]

Most browsers have spell checkers built in nowadays. Or you can always write up your post in Word and then copy it over.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic What Does a Noob Need To Read First @ Forums ?

What Does a Noob Need To Read First @ Forums ?

I know how it goes on these forums-- a mixed bag of all types && guys asking the same questions over, & over, & over, & etc. It's hard on both sides... can folks make a recommendation or two about the 'Must-Read' area's of the forums for a Noob to read up on so's as to avoid being FLAMED anymore than absolutely need be ? Maybe someone can help me put a specific list of posts together for those who will surely-- like me-- come in w/ high hopes & need this info ( or mention where they already are after they FLAME me )? Kind Regards, mark-p.
    P.S. is there a spell-checker on this posting interface somewhere that i don't see ? -- thanks.
    P.P.S. Already found the wonderful video tutorials -- thanks.
Working...
X