Would UDK run on this Build?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would UDK run on this Build?

I just want to make sure that this PC will be able to run UDK with no problem, also if I'm missing anything please tell me.

-HITACHI Deskstar 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s
    -EVGA GeForce GT 430 1Gb
    -G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC310666)
    -GIGABYTE GA-H61M-D2P-B3 LGA 1155
    -Intel Core i3-2100 Sandy Bridge 3.1GHz LGA 1155 65W Dual-Core

I was thinking of upgrading the ram to 2000MHz but this build is already at $500.00...

yes you can

Comment

The memory is fine. If you're going to upgrade anything, I'd upgrade the GPU, as it's a relatively weak non-gaming card. I'd imagine it will still run however.

Comment

Thank you !!

Comment

Are Ferarri's generally classed as fast cars?

Comment

yeah that's like 10x my PC

Comment

Originally posted by Sup3rN0v4 View Post
              I just want to make sure that this PC will be able to run UDK with no problem, also if I'm missing anything please tell me.

-HITACHI Deskstar 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s
              -EVGA GeForce GT 430 1Gb
              -G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC310666)
              -GIGABYTE GA-H61M-D2P-B3 LGA 1155
              -Intel Core i3-2100 Sandy Bridge 3.1GHz LGA 1155 65W Dual-Core

I was thinking of upgrading the ram to 2000MHz but this build is already at $500.00...
              Ram speed means basically nothing. As long as its bandwidth is sufficient to feed your processor you get zero benefit. Even latency isn't an issue any more.

You could have used a better videocard though... but it'll work.

Comment

Suggest an Nvidia GPU if you are going to be using Apex lab for destructables, clothing, turbulence, etc.

Apex lab and UDK in-game destructibles run badly with my ATI card.

Comment

Yes it would. The editor itself isn't that GPU intensive, and even so, when you want to test your level by playing in it, it will still be able to keep a great framerate. Everything else is great, especially that Sandybridge you got there. I am stuck with a regular I7 920 XP. Though it is overclocked to 4Ghz so

Comment

Working...
                  X