Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maya 2012 can export .swf files,are you going to use it frequently for UDK HUDs ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maya 2012 can export .swf files,are you going to use it frequently for UDK HUDs ?

Hoi,

Autodesk Maya 2012 can export .swf files .
    Are you going to use it frequently to create menus for ScaleForm GFX for UDK ?

It's very handy that Maya allows us now to also create .swf files,because not everyone can afford Adobe Flash CS5.

Wait a second, youre complaining about the cost of Flash CS5 but you can afford the latest version of Maya

Comment

Maya costs on upward of 3000 + How can that be more affordable.

Comment

Maybe he thinks that Autodesk will not be as harsh as Adobe in prosecuting their cracked software.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAgent View Post
          Maya costs on upward of 3000 + How can that be more affordable.

Comment

The previous Autodesk Maya versions did not support .swf export.
            So people had to buy Adobe Flash seperately.
            But now that Maya 2012 does allow you to export to .swf , then you do not have to buy and use Flash per se.

So,I was wondering how many of you that have Maya 2012 already are going to use Maya 2012 to also create .swf HUDs intead of buying Adobe Flash seperately.

Comment

Does it have all the flash features as well flash? which is animation, filters, effects, action script etc.. i would rather do my flash... in flash.

Comment

Does it really matter? I think you got your priorities wrong. People who were using flash before the latest Maya would still own flash wouldnt they? They arnt going to rush out and sell it because Maya 2012 is out. Youre not really asking this in the right spot, why not ask it on Mayas forums!

Comment

Yes , Maya 2012 supports animation and effects.
                  So , imagine the possibilities there.

Comment

Obviously Autodesk is going to integrate ScaleForm GFX also in Maya to make the asset creation process faster and easier.
                    The introduction of .swf in Maya 2012 is obviously only the beginning.
                    Maybe this is one of the new integrated IP partner stuff that Epic Games meant at GDC 2011.

Comment

Does it really matter? We can use scaleform and flash integration now without autodesk. Sure it "might" make things easier but I very much doubt it, as tools get more complex than the learning curve becomes more complex and they naturally get crammed full of tools we dont need.

From my perspective all autodesk and adobe apps are shuvelware and bloatware, they try to get you to install things you dont need or dont want. Until Autodesk moves to change that then they wont be able to compete, they'll end up just adding in third party tools because its hot without supporting them as they need to be 2, 3 years down the track.

This obviously wont save me a dime since Im a 3dsmax user! Thats what I mean, youve taken a niche market, split it down to udk users, then split it down to people wanting to use scaleform then split it down to maya users. Did you even consider that a majority of people dont care for these topics and would much rather discuss the future of autodesk at their official forums?

Comment

There is now a link between Maya 2012 , .SWF , ScaleForm GFX , and UDK.
                        So it is appropriate enough to be able to discuss it here on the UDK forums.

Comment

Why do people have to update right away when the new stuff comes out jeez.

Give it some time and your questions will be answered, so chill-out its just a program.

Comment

In all fairness public opinion dictates what is appropriate to talk about in a community.

I don't understand why everyone is being so harsh here though

Comment

Well Maya 2012 is only a small portion of the programs artists will use for udk so I dont think it requires a number of threads all spammed on similar topics. The OP could have easily structured it in a way that the discussion pertains to using Maya as a whole for UDK and how the new version might impact that workflow.

Are you going to be using Maya 2012 to make swf's Ryan Commodore or will you be too busy hitting the new thread button?

Comment

Working...
                              X