Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do you think Autodesk is integrating all kinds of game technologies in Maya ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do you think Autodesk is integrating all kinds of game technologies in Maya ?

Hi,

- DMM (Digital Molecular Matter) for destruction.
    - Nvidia PhysX.
    - Allegorithmic Substance.
    - Turtle Renderer.

Do not forget,Autodesk has also bought ScaleForm and Illuminate Labs Beast.

And now they have this "Project Skyline" going on.

Do you think that Autodesk is going to make a game engine and then use Maya as the level editor for it ?
    So you edit in Maya,then click some kind of "Play Game" button in Maya and you can play your level in Maya to test it etc,etc,... ?

Um, hello Jason?

And regarding the topic, who knows, maybe they want to introduce a new game development suite.

Comment

maybe they want to introduce a new game development suite.
      I think so too.

Um, hello Jason?
      Who is Jason ?

Comment

It's more likely they're trying to parallel the tools used in games to speed up the asset creation process.

Originally posted by Ryan Commodore View Post
        Who is Jason ?
        We're not stupid.

Comment

lol I might change my name to Frank Wii

Comment

Originally posted by seenooh View Post
            Um, hello Jason?
            When I read that thread title in the forum view I thought

[SHOT]http://i42.tinypic.com/1zfmy5j.jpg[/SHOT]

and obviously I was not the only one.
            So if Epic keeps banning his accounts, why not simply stop creating them?

And what's the sense of this topic as it's likely to drift off in spam and engine comparison? Autodesk already mentioned that they want to maybe move on to their own game development suite. As long as we didn't see any results of that, it's no use discussing it and speculating and may be counted as spam from Epic's POV.

So better get out of here before Jeff swings the banhammer against more than one guy this time.

Comment

Originally posted by ambershee View Post
              It's more likely they're trying to parallel the tools used in games to speed up the asset creation process.

We're not stupid.
              Speak for yourself. I'm plenty stupid!

Comment

Working...
              X