Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the FaceFX and ActorX plugins be adapted for Maya 2012 as soon as possible ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will the FaceFX and ActorX plugins be adapted for Maya 2012 as soon as possible ?

Hey,

At least the ActorX plugin.

Comment

Suggestion: Use FBX.

Comment

No,I have more flexibility with ActorX.

You can not split up and name and manage your animations with FBX.
        But with ActorX you can.

Comment

I am also needing Actor X for 2012. Any word on when it might be making an appearance? I can't exactly go back to 2011, just to have 1 export feature.
          -DED-

Comment

+1 for ActorX update for 3DSMax 2012.

Comment

I wish for this as well.

Comment

Uh... But you CAN separate animations in FBX. Look up Epics pipeline for FBX.

Comment

I've read several times in more than one place, that ActorX will not be updated and is being phased out to make way for an FBX only pipeline. I have to assuem that this is true at this point, since Maya 2012 and Max 2012 have been out for a (relatively) very long time and no updates on the plugins.

This simply shows me that internally, EPIC and their partners have definitely made the switch to FBX only for Maya/Max->UT3 pipeline. If the new plugins were being worked on or available for EPIC and their Third Parties, they would have been in the wild by NOW.....

I simply would like an official explanation as to the why, how, etc etc

Comment

I've read several times in more than one place, that ActorX will not be updated and is being phased out to make way for an FBX only pipeline. I have to assuem that this is true at this point, since Maya 2012 and Max 2012 have been out for a (relatively) very long time and no updates on the plugins.

This simply shows me that internally, EPIC and their partners have definitely made the switch to FBX only for Maya/Max->UT3 pipeline. If the new plugins were being worked on or available for EPIC and their Third Parties, they would have been in the wild by NOW.....

I simply would like an official explanation as to the why, how, etc etc

Comment

Because FBX is supported by many programs and I would imagine that it's easier to update because of its wide use.

Comment

Well you have 1 Format to support on the reading side, and not 3 or so on the writing / reading side...

I wonder though what's keeping someone who has the full engine, from compiling against the Maya 2012 mll's and kicking out a new version ? Is there something that prohibits this in the License Agreement ? Because otherwise as soon as I get a copy of visual studio I'll give it a crack unless there's major linker issues, at which point it's not all that appealing if I have to re-write it just to get it to compile...

Comment

@dcrosby: I could be wrong, but I don't think anything prohibits it. In another thread, a link was posted for a Max 2012 ActorX, developed by an outside studio. So it can be done.

Comment

Working...
                          X