X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homefront

Was homefront made with UDK or UT3?

Either way i think its great to be able to see whats achievable with UDK/UT3 - I'd love to be able to make something like that but dont have the skills, so its extremely motivational to know I have the same tools they had, just lacking the same skills!

It was made with neither
    It was made with the full Unreal Engine 3.0, which is pretty much the same as UDK, except you have source-code access in the full engine.

Comment

And it was made with a professional huge team, so no use getting into the illusion that you could make such a game all alone, no matter how good you are, before the next console generation is out.

Comment

Originally posted by Crusha K. Rool View Post
        And it was made with a professional huge team, so no use getting into the illusion that you could make such a game all alone, no matter how good you are, before the next console generation is out.
        Of course, i dont for one minute think I could - I guess more what i meant was its nice to know the potential is there within UDK.

Comment

You could build a very similar game using UDK (in theory). I don't think Homefront did too much that'd have required native source access.

Comment

well said dayvo.i knew the unreal engine 3 was powerfull but playing homefront blew me away.and made me realise it was time to step my game up a notch.

Comment

Homefront blew you away? I had the opposite opinion. I thought it was over hyped and incredibly short.

Comment

Everyone has their opinions : P

Comment

Which is why I said "I had the opposite opinion.", wasn't trying to say his was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Remnants View Post
                    Homefront blew you away? I had the opposite opinion. I thought it was over hyped and incredibly short.
                    That's also the shared opinion of the games press.

Comment

ive not played the single player missions,only online,and its the graphics and fluidity that blew me away.knowing with enough hard work i can make a game that looks as good.but each to his own.

Comment

this has nothing to do with UDK

Comment

HomeFront? Don't you mean Call of Duty: Homefront?
                          I shouldn't say anything, cuz I wanna work for Kaos Studios.:P

Comment

Working...
                          X