Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to run SpeedTree in UDK

Hello everybody,

First of all I would like to apologize for my english because I am a french speaking.
    I just downloaded the new version of april 2011 UDK beta hopping that the problem of running SpeedTree I have met in the previous versions of UDK will be resolved but unfortunatly I have the same problem. I can't run it. When I open it and click on new file it crashes.
    Can someone help me.
    Many thanks in advance. ( I am on windows 7, 64 bits)

I had that prob as well.. But i searched on google and found a fix file for Windows 7 64 bit. Dont remember name on file but you should find it easy

Comment

Did you try to run it as administrator?

Comment

Usally not fixing it..

Me and my mate had this problem both of us.. And it seems some peps with 64 bit get this problem.
        tenttu
        01-03-2010, 07:59 AM
        I made a temporary fix for the Windows 7 x64 issue, it skips the internal "Invalid register access" error and breaks the infinite loop. It might fix problems on other issues as well. Hopefully it's ok to link to this kind of content.

To apply the fix replace the C:\UDK\UDK-2009-12\Binaries\SpeedTreeModeler\EyeCommon.dll with the version downloadable from below.
        Old download link was dead so fixed new!
        Well you download this file on your own risk.
        I havnt done this.. I'm just using it

Download link; http://filebeam.com/d104042b1d366f0b85aef9a8eb7ea73d

Comment

Problem of running SpeedTree resolved

Hello Frostvolt

I have done what you suggested me and it worked.
          I dont understand one thing: Why EyeCommon.dll existing in the software doesn't work. I have deleted then the old one and downloaded the same dll from the link you gave me.
          Thank you very much. You are so kind.

Comment

No problem!

It's mabey some problem with speedtree for win 7 64 bit for some can also be software/hardware that make just for some and not for all that got win 7 64 bit. ^^

Comment

Working...
            X