Bamboo tablet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bamboo tablet?

Lately I have been getting more and more involved with modeling/rigging/skinning/animating for my own projects and its time to ditch my mouse. Does anyone here use a bamboo tablet on a regular basis? Is it worth the money and does it honestly make life easier? My primary work environment for asset creation is maya, mudbox, 3ds max, and zBrush. I know the tablet is great in Photoshop so I am not concerned about that - its the 3d programs that have me wondering right now.

For sculpting and drawing/editing programs, the tablet is much better than a mouse IMO. It's feels more natural when you're sculpting, and the pressure sensitivity makes a big difference.

I find the regular mouse more to my liking for pretty much everything else though, including Max.

Comment

Thanks much. I'm on new egg right now picking out the model I want. I am thinking that the biggest gains I am going to see will be in mudbox and zBrush - most of my time is spent in there anyway.

Comment

i would personally get an asus eee slate ep121. it's got wacom digitizer (with 256 level of pressure) which means you can draw directly on the screen unlike the bamboo. a fast intel i5 cpu means you have enough power to run full photoshop. it's windows 7 so you can run anything you want on it.

Comment

I'm using Bamboo Pen at home and some other Wacom at work. But I prefer the one at home and would recommend it. It's good, it lacks useless stuff (when compared to Bamboo Pen&Touch), and it's visually nice.

I really don't see how one can draw textures and especially sculpt efficiently without a good tablet. So if you're serious about it, go and get one!

Comment

I'm using Wacom Intuos 4 Large.. And i love it! I really recommand this! It's pretty expensive but worth it!
            The size is really great and the buttons/touch on side for own hotkeys is making everything so smooth when working on it. Never had any problem with it.

Edit: And I'm using this daily in Zbrush and it working great

Comment

Working...
            X