No announcement yet.

Epic Games Releases April 2011 Unreal Development Kit Beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

in the editor? DefaultEditor i think has those ... or is it DefaultEditorInput or something like that.. one of the *Editor* ini files.

Comment

Originally posted by Blade[UG] View Post
      in the editor? DefaultEditor i think has those ... or is it DefaultEditorInput or something like that.. one of the *Editor* ini files.
      Ok, I'll take a look. Thanks Blade.

Comment

Whole levels or selected actors, including BSP, can be exported to FBX with world position.
        What about importing FBX levels with world position?

Comment

Well, models already take the position of the origin into account, so there should be no problem with that.

Comment

Can anyone from epic say whether or not we're getting closer to a release with foliage again?

Comment

Could someone use DX11 with landscape and take a screen?

Comment

Just tested on my laptop :
                Code2Duo
                Mobility HD4670
                4gb of ram
                April 2011 Beta 64bit DX9
                Windows x64
                -No lightmass problem like here : http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=772990
                (tested with two point, tested with 1 point light and 1 dominant light)

-No more BSP bug
                ( http://forums.epicgames.com/showpost...0&postcount=68 and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhwHZ6NBZq4 )

Finnaly, I'm glad to see the bsp bug fixed ! \0/

Comment

good to know, thanks!

Comment

"You can now look at an object against a character using the ‘preview player height’ preview feature (“" key). This enables users to visualize a predefined mesh in a level without having to add it to the world."

'Bout ****ing time!!

Comment

When i Open the exe file for either UDK.exe or UDKMobile.exe it just plays a movie and demos. what am i doing wrong here?

Comment

I want to know too about upcoming the folliage system return.

Comment

Originally posted by HooBleedyHooBlah View Post
                          When i Open the exe file for either UDK.exe or UDKMobile.exe it just plays a movie and demos. what am i doing wrong here?
                          That's the intended behavior of the EXE. You need to start it with the parameter editor to get to the editor.

Comment

Originally posted by Crusha K. Rool View Post
                            That's the intended behavior of the EXE. You need to start it with the parameter editor to get to the editor.
                            Sorry but i am VERY new to this...so how do I do that?

Comment

Originally posted by HooBleedyHooBlah View Post
                              Sorry but i am VERY new to this...so how do I do that?
                              Right-click on UDK.exe or UDKLift.exe and click on Create Shortcut then go into the properties of that newly-created shortcut by right-clicking on it and going to Properties. In the target field it should say something like "C:\UDK\UDK-2011-03\Binaries\UDK.exe" or "C:\UDK\UDK-2011-03\Binaries\UDKLift.exe" (though the numbers might be different).

Just add " editor" to the end of it without the quotes. Then drag it to your desktop or whatever you want it and you're good to go.

When you're done, the target field should look like one of these (again, your numbers might be different):
                              Code:
                              "C:\Program Files\UDK\UDK-2011-03\Binaries\UDK.exe" editor
                              Code:
                              "C:\Program Files\UDK\UDK-2011-03\Binaries\UDKLift.exe" editor

Comment

Originally posted by Aldaron07 View Post
                                Right-click on UDK.exe or UDKLift.exe and click on Create Shortcut then go into the properties of that newly-created shortcut by right-clicking on it and going to Properties. In the target field it should say something like "C:\UDK\UDK-2011-03\Binaries\UDK.exe" or "C:\UDK\UDK-2011-03\Binaries\UDKLift.exe" (though the numbers might be different).

Just add " editor" to the end of it without the quotes. Then drag it to your desktop or whatever you want it and you're good to go.

When you're done, the target field should look like one of these (again, your numbers might be different):
                                Code:
                                "C:\Program Files\UDK\UDK-2011-03\Binaries\UDK.exe" editor
                                Code:
                                "C:\Program Files\UDK\UDK-2011-03\Binaries\UDKLift.exe" editor
                                I Love You....lol thanks man. It worked

Comment

Working...
                                X