X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is That Possible ?!

In what way can just a stupid programmer (like me) make the following:

Physics Ultimate Control ?
    How can I make a welding of two physics meshes (rigid bodies, not skeletal meshes) and to get this welded construction that have weight, collision as well and mass center ? Can I weld it by one axe ?
    For mark I'll put a Garry's Mod (half-life2). Can Unreal 3.5 physics engine do the same as Source physics engine ? In GM, HL2 or just in Valve Hammer Editor you can weld and make a ropes of to physics meshes VERY easy and you'll get full-controlable (I mean without bugs) constructions ? (like transport, physics buildings etc. which simulated by pieces, by another physics meshes). I hope the answer is " Yes Of course ! " (I think PhysX is newer and better than Source engine), but.. HOW ?
    What is the easiest way to do so ?

Lol... calm down buddy. Yes you can, just use constraints.... and/or the attachment editor... have fun.

Comment

I actually was welding it, but I'm not sure that the mesh I'll get will have all the physics properties as well as one rigid body. How to make axe-constraint ?

Also, what do you mean by 'use constraints' ? Is it some actor class ? I found only attachtoactor at kismet and in the properties of an object.

Comment

here is the documentation for physics constraints:

http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/Physi...Reference.html

Comment

Omg I tried to search it and got nothing. What a dumb ! Thanks, If there are problems I'll reply.
          But I still dont find how to use it. Is it just for PhAT content and how I can to use it realtime in game without pre-installation of constraints ?

Comment

Working...
          X