Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[solved] Shadows... without source mesh ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[solved] Shadows... without source mesh ?

Hi guys,

I'm currently wondering if it's possible to get a similar system as the game "A shadow tale". In this game we can see shadows of objects that are invisible.
    Example :

Or something like the invisible players in Crysis 2 : they are invisible but they cast full shadows on the ground. In my case I would like to create an IA Monster which will be invisible but with a shadow.
    -It's possible to configure a light to don't take care the alpha informations of materials ?
    -Or there is a particular setup in a material to achieve this ?

Hi,

In the properties of your staticmesh, you can change its visibility. There is visible in editor, visible in game etc. Make it so that your mesh is not visible in game. Now, under lighting, there is an option to "cast hidden shadow" or something. That makes your object cast a shadow even if it is invisible.

Hope it helped.

Comment

Originally posted by hunharibo View Post
      Hi,

In the properties of your staticmesh, you can change its visibility. There is visible in editor, visible in game etc. Make it so that your mesh is not visible in game. Now, under lighting, there is an option to "cast hidden shadow" or something. That makes your object cast a shadow even if it is invisible.

Hope it helped.
      Wowa, simple than that !
      It worked, thank you very much !

Comment

Working...
      X