Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Blade[UG] View Post
    .. In any case, you won't know if the files will load until you try. Many packages from UT3 do load in UDK.
    This is day 2. You were right of course. I opened the Content Browser(generic browser in UT3 Ed) and was able to load the packages on the DVD.

Then I tried to Open a *.UT3 file from main editor and wham bam it surprised me and loaded the levels. Very cool thanks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    so good luck

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks All

I'm sorry, I was reading this as the usual despair that people bring up. We frequently hear "MASTERING UNREAL DOESN'T WORK WITH UDK WHY DID YOU GUYS PUBLISH THIS IF IT DOESN'T WORK?!" and such

I don't know what's included on the disc, but I could've swore people have said it came with UT3. Maybe that was vol2.. In any case, you won't know if the files will load until you try. Many packages from UT3 do load in UDK.
    No sweat, Wake me up in future , as I know 3/4 of F A about not much, I will post something inane /not a lot of thought and A Wake Up is better than getting ignored. I'll google forum first I would hope.

Originally posted by darthviper107 View Post
    It comes with a free download code of UT3
    Yeah, thats great but you have to be human to join steam. They have a test , you humans are smarter than I thought. I failed test six times, I think i will do without UT3 , might even be safer back on my home planet.

Originally posted by flota113 View Post
    3d buzz videos are brilliant and universal. Because if I think good you only want to discover world of game development and
    If you can work with this book and udk I'm sure you can also work with there videos. I watched them all and knowledge of them I use in every version of UDK
    Yes ,yeah I agree totally, watched 5 today. At times I was going sort of ,Yeah Yeah, nothing to see here move it along. But then I remembered I couldn't rotate a Static Mesh (wondered why Pivot wasn't behaving). So I could appreciate the time and detail of the VTM's.

why do you pay 17$ for a gig. I thought that the most expensive internet is in Poland
    Try Australias biggest communications company Telstra. I have only mobile internet but its still a rip

Leave a comment:

• replied
    why do you pay 17$ for a gig. I thought that the most expensive internet is in Poland

Leave a comment:

• replied
    3d buzz videos are brilliant and universal. Because if I think good you only want to discover world of game development and
    If you can work with this book and udk I'm sure you can also work with there videos. I watched them all and knowledge of them I use in every version of UDK

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It comes with a free download code of UT3

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm sorry, I was reading this as the usual despair that people bring up. We frequently hear "MASTERING UNREAL DOESN'T WORK WITH UDK WHY DID YOU GUYS PUBLISH THIS IF IT DOESN'T WORK?!" and such

I don't know what's included on the disc, but I could've swore people have said it came with UT3. Maybe that was vol2.. In any case, you won't know if the files will load until you try. Many packages from UT3 do load in UDK.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Epicleptic View Post
    What do you think of 3D Buzz videos, are they older vids ?
    The 3D Buzz videos are old, but they were made for use with the UDK. In fact, they were using nearly the same UDK build you have installed if you're using one of the three 2009 releases.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by darthviper107 View Post
    Gigs? Really?
    Yes , I pay $17 a Gig

I also used mastering unreal technology but in my opinion it's better to find other resources to learn like UDN, UDKC, Youtube, this forum or google.
    Because this book is:
    1.old(mostly everything is out-dated
    2.It's for UT editor so it don't approach aim of learning.
    Thanks for your help. Thats the kind of thing I'd like to know. For now , beginning with the older UDK and book will be fine for me though. What do you think of 3D Buzz videos, are they older vids ?

If you can't figure out the minor differences between the UT3 editor and a late 2009 UDK Editor, how will you ever figure out any part of game development on your own?

Didn't the book actually come -with- a copy of UT3 to use?
    I didnt say anything about that(minor differences) except for the different files for different Unreal editors of 2009. Lighting error was a little weird and cryptic(had to add in an Importance Volume) and Static Mesh was *any* first day editor problem.

Apparently I can download UT3 but its not on the DVD. Thanks anyway.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If you can't figure out the minor differences between the UT3 editor and a late 2009 UDK Editor, how will you ever figure out any part of game development on your own?

Didn't the book actually come -with- a copy of UT3 to use?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Epicleptic View Post
    I started yesterday with the 2009 UDK download as I needed to save gigs and it was only around 543 gig.

Also using Mastering Unreal Level Design Vol.1 book (2009)

I am enjoying it with no huge problems. Had critical errors building lighting and then took awhile before I could find how to rotate a static mesh

I tend to get better results when I google a forum rather than forum search, well some forums anyway.

The book mwas printed in 2009 , same year as the UDK I am using so I was surprised I cant use the 2009 Mastering Unreal DVD with UDK 2009. I guess there are some differences in file formats, beginning with the file extension
    .udk and .ut3 so I guess I cant get to the static meshes on the DVD?

I am hoping to stick with this older editor for awhile. Im sure it runs nicer on my laptop than UDK 2011. Plus the editor in the book Im using , though a little different is probably in common than the latest download.

So I hope all goes as well as it has been for the last few hours, many traps ahead ?
    I also used mastering unreal technology but in my opinion it's better to find other resources to learn like UDN, UDKC, Youtube, this forum or google.
    Because this book is:
    1.old(mostly everything is out-dated
    2.It's for UT editor so it don't approach aim of learning.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @darthviper107: Yeah, that was my first thought as well :P

Anyways, I believe the Mastering Unreal DVD is made for the UT3 editor

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Gigs? Really?

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Noob Using different UED's and Books.

Noob Using different UED's and Books.

I started yesterday with the 2009 UDK download as I needed to save gigs and it was only around 543 gig.

Also using Mastering Unreal Level Design Vol.1 book (2009)

I am enjoying it with no huge problems. Had critical errors building lighting and then took awhile before I could find how to rotate a static mesh

I tend to get better results when I google a forum rather than forum search, well some forums anyway.

The book mwas printed in 2009 , same year as the UDK I am using so I was surprised I cant use the 2009 Mastering Unreal DVD with UDK 2009. I guess there are some differences in file formats, beginning with the file extension
    .udk and .ut3 so I guess I cant get to the static meshes on the DVD?

I am hoping to stick with this older editor for awhile. Im sure it runs nicer on my laptop than UDK 2011. Plus the editor in the book Im using , though a little different is probably in common than the latest download.

So I hope all goes as well as it has been for the last few hours, many traps ahead ?
Working...
X