Can this computer run UDK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can this computer run UDK?

I have a computer that i have not used, but can it run UDK?

dxdiag:

It should, but not very well--what about the rest of the computer? That's just the graphics card

Comment

I can safely say that a 6150 is nearly impossible, fps high rate is around 3. No idea on a 7150. Probably be terrible as well.

Comment

Yes like they have said it should work... but not at any good sort of performance. An upgrade to your graphics card is relatively cheap nowadays. For example you can get a Nvidia geforce 220 gt for around $30. That should easily run UDK around 30 fps

Comment

Personally I would go with a geforce 240, it runs UDK quite nicely indeed, but it's also worth noting down your other specs as well, you can't just rely on graphics to get the UDK running nicely; ram, processor etc should also be taken into account.

Comment

I think it might run it, but it won't be a fun experience
            Sorry mate.

+ A desktop might be a better idea for UDK development, I can't imagine working with UDK on a laptop screen :S

Comment

I personally wouldn't bother trying; the 7150 is an absolute barebones graphics card designed to handle 'the basics', and not much else. It might run (it probably won't) - and if it does run it won't be useable anyway.

Comment

click the download udk button, install it, run it. then you will know.

no probs at all using udk on a laptop for me.
                cant imagine being tied down to a huge lumbering desktop now.

Comment

Working...
                X