question about licensing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question about licensing

hi, i'm finishing a game that i want to sell over the steam network and in the future in the apple's store, i will buying the individual license for the udk in the next few days but my question is regarding to the credits in the game.

at this moment i have no company, i'm single guy making my first steps in the game development world, but i have a name and a logo for my "future" company, can i put the logo and the name of the "future" company in the credits or i must use my name ?

i asking this, because when i saw the purchase page for the udk license i have saw that there is two prices for the udk, single user 99$ and company 2500$ per seat.

i don't want to make some fault on this, that's why i'm asking.

thanks in advance for the help.

The $2500 option is for internal use within a company only. When you sell it through Steam you would need the $99 dollar license option.

In some countries it is forbidden to present yourself as a company when it hasn't yet been registered by the local chamber of commerce, so you could check that.

Comment

Hi everybody.
      I've got a very similar question about the difference between individual and company license agreements. I'm asking about the $99 dollar license. One person, a single developer, whether he/she runs a one-person business or not, should acquire individual license, right? I can imagine e.g. "John Smith presents" in the opening credits then. But...
      What if more people later join the project (e.g. 3D artists, musicians) and they decide to publish the game as a studio, and not just under the name of the licensee (though his name is mentioned as one of the creators)? Or the licensee, instead of "John Smith presents", wants to use the name of his company established after buying the license? Is it still OK to use the original individual license agreement then?

Comment

These questions are best asked to the licensing department.

Comment

dunno if this helps but for apple developers licence you need to be a registered company to have your developers name different than your real first and last name (it will be displayed as John Smith and not as your artistic nickname team name or such)

Comment

Thanks for your answers. Yes, you are right, I would need to have a registered company to be able to sign a company license.

Comment

Working...
            X