Another UDK team goes full source UE3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another UDK team goes full source UE3

Coffee Stain Studios, a UDK development team on the rise, has made the jump to a full source Unreal Engine 3 license.

We congratulate them and would like to point out how teams can go from amateur to pro by getting projects in front of Epic and showing off their talents to the community.

Coffee Stain Studios started off as an Unreal Tournament 3 mod team. By entering Sanctum into the $1 Million Intel Make Something Unreal Contest and, they won multiple honors and cash prizes, and gained a lot of recognition for their work. Upon the launch of the Unreal Development Kit, Coffee Stain Studios brought Sanctum over to UDK to create a completely standalone experience. Epic was impressed and created a showcase for the game: www.udk.com/showcase-sanctum

Since then, Coffee Stain Studios has been in the final phases of the game’s development. Epic worked with the team on appropriate licensing terms so they could leverage source code access to the engine, and Sanctum is scheduled for a beta release via Steam on March 24 and a full release via Steam on April 15.

We wish them much success. You can learn more about Sanctum at www.facebook.com/SanctumGame or follow Coffee Stain Studios on Twitter at twitter.com/Coffee_Stain.

Do you have a project we should see? Let us know!

Works in Progress
    http://forums.epicgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=385

Released Projects
    http://forums.epicgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=386

Attached Files

Congrats, guys! Look forward to playing the beta tomorrow.

Comment

I was impressed when I saw the trailer for Sanctum, and loved the art style they created.
      Best of luck to Coffee Stain Studios, and thanks for being a good inspiration ;-)

Comment

People must have a habit for defending objectives with stuff they built themselves while shooting around. First Monday Night Combat with UE3 and now this.

Comment

I downloaded the demo more or less a week ago, and it is awsome. Really cool to play a defend the tower game with a different feel. Congrats!

Comment

Congratulations!!!

Comment

Nicely done.

Comment

I even managed to get one of their beta keys from Facebook. The problem was just that the game was released before I even downloaded half of the beta and so it expired before I could play it.

But according to the testers was it pretty short and didn't keep the motivation up long enough to spend 15 bucks on three maps which are also not really challenging anymore once you found the right tactic. Even coop play would suffer from that.

Because of that Coffee Stain Studios announced that they will release a new map with the next patch, though.

Comment

Congratulations to Coffee Stain Team

Comment

awesome! Now the real work begins j/k or am I? idk LOL

Comment

Working...
                    X