How to obtain android UE3 code?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to obtain android UE3 code?

In response to Trendy Entertainment's Dungeon Defenders game for Android. Our game team is looking to include android as a platform for the game we are currently creating. However I am having a great deal of trouble finding any information as far as how to obtain the Unreal Engine 3 code for Android. All I was able to find were some quotes from various interviews such as:
    “Android code has been available for months and Trendy Entertainment, one of our UE3 licensees, is in fact shipping a game with it any day now,” Epic Games vice president Mark Rein said."

"Rein, who has previously spoken of possible difficulties developing on Android, said his firm is nevertheless happy to supply Unreal Engine 3 code for the platform."

I am wondering what the process is for requesting this code, and in general what our team must do to make an android release feasible.

If anyone can shed some light on this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Click Licensing, and email the nice people at Epic about obtaining a full license, if this is something that you want to do in the near future. (Mark did twitter some time ago that eventually UDK would support Android, but that "it's not ready yet", not clear if he meant UDK or Android )

Comment

Originally posted by WACOMalt View Post
      In response to Trendy Entertainment's Dungeon Defenders game for Android. Our game team is looking to include android as a platform for the game we are currently creating. However I am having a great deal of trouble finding any information as far as how to obtain the Unreal Engine 3 code for Android. All I was able to find were some quotes from various interviews such as:
      “Android code has been available for months and Trendy Entertainment, one of our UE3 licensees, is in fact shipping a game with it any day now,” Epic Games vice president Mark Rein said."

"Rein, who has previously spoken of possible difficulties developing on Android, said his firm is nevertheless happy to supply Unreal Engine 3 code for the platform."

I am wondering what the process is for requesting this code, and in general what our team must do to make an android release feasible.

If anyone can shed some light on this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

I guess the April UDK is release the Andriod support . I guess... ^_^

Comment

I wouldn't count on it.

Comment

Imma quote on something you posted

Trendy Entertainment is an Unreal Engine 3 License customer. Thats not UDK. UDK is only an INDIE version of UNREAL ENGINE 3. Trendy Entertainment holds a full license for UNREAL ENGINE 3. Which brings this extra features.

You want it , you got to license it . Your looking at about $300,000 or more. Not sure but it is around there or more.

Comment

I wouldn't give numbers on the forum, I'd let licensing@epicgames do the talk about the pricing. I mean, they openly suggest that you talk to them about a license if your udk project exceeds $250k in revenue, so i doubt that they are talking in the mid to high 5-digit ranges in a case such as that. Of course, at that point, you've already got a proven product.

Comment

Working...
            X