3ds max help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3ds max help

ok i know i should put this on the 3ds max forums but its more to do with udk than anythink

im trying to export my model using the ActorX plug in but seeing as im not as familiar to 3dsmax as blender i have no idea where to add the 'ActorX.dlu' file to use it as a plugin... i know how to apply it within 3dsmax just not add the plug in...

im using
    3dsmax 2011 64bit
    windows 7 ultimate 64bit
    UDK-2010-08

I'm not completely sure, but try here:
    Code:
    C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2010\plugins
    Of course, it depends on where you installed 3DS Max (:

Comment

is there ment to be other files in there cause its empty on mine :/

Comment

It's empty for me too, probably because no plugins have been installed yet

Comment

found it,, its in the 'stdplugs' not plugins

Comment

Ah, sorry ;o

Also: I would not like to put ANYTHING in something called stdplugs, but that could be just me =/

Comment

If you have 3d Max 2011, try exporting with the FBX format, it allows your model to keep it's texture and material when you import into UDK.

I know it supports animation but I haven't experimented with a skeletal mesh.

Comment

You can put it in either Plugins or stdplugins

stdplugins is Standard Plugins--or stuff that's already included in 3ds Max, it's good to use the plugins folder instead just in case you want to remove a plugin you can easily find it without accidentally removing one of the plugins that Max needs to operate.

Comment

Working...
                X