UDK license

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UDK license

If I am understanding the license correctly we can use anything that comes with UDK except the skeletal meshes in a commercial product. Is that true or am I miss understanding the license?

Not entirely sure, but I thought you couldn't use skeletal meshes in a non-commercial game either. But you're right

Comment

You may not release anything marked as a SkeletalMesh in the Content Browser in a commercial UDK application.
      Based on the exact wording in the EULA, it only refers to commercial UDK applications.

Comment

Yeah, you're right, I hadn't read that in a while :P

Comment

Ok sorry to be a pain, but does that mean the skeletal meshes that just come with UDK? or can we not use the skeletal meshes from dungeon defense either?

Comment

The UDK Eula refers to UDK only.

But you are not allowed to use assets from other games regardless.

Comment

UDK EULA states that you "CAN NOT" use UDK Skeletal Meshes in Commercial releases. So no anything inside the UDK that is a skeletal Mesh CANT be used. STATIC MESH yes.

Now you cant use any skeletal meshes or static meshes from other games for commercial either. Thats against the copyright and you can be sued, if no proper permission was give to you from the OWNER/CREATOR from that mesh.

Comment

or can we not use the skeletal meshes from dungeon defense either?
                That is Trendy Entertainment's content. Contact them before you do this, but more than likely because Dungeon Defense is a commercial product it would be unwise for you to use this in your own commercial or non-commercial projects.

Comment

Originally posted by DayanFernandez View Post
                  UDK EULA states that you "CAN NOT" use UDK Skeletal Meshes in Commercial releases. So no anything inside the UDK that is a skeletal Mesh CANT be used. STATIC MESH yes.

Now you cant use any skeletal meshes or static meshes from other games for commercial either. Thats against the copyright and you can be sued, if no proper permission was give to you from the OWNER/CREATOR from that mesh.
                  I was referring to the show case http://udk.com/showcase-dungeon-defense
                  it says feel free to use the it in our own project I was not sure is that was just the source code or if that applied to the meshes found in the package as well

Comment

It specifically says:
                    The game's the full source code is available for everyone to use for their own UDK projects!

Comment

Working...
                    X