Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wich is the best way to create a bed Cover(Blanket)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wich is the best way to create a bed Cover(Blanket)

Wich is the best way to create a bed Cover(Blanket) with fold in max other then the cloth modifier!?

I'm trying to create a low poly bed.. but i fail to make something look really good :s

It is possible (or more simple) to used a height map ?

I tried every tutorial on youtube but thats not getting the result i want.

Is there a tutorial to help somewhere ?

Toss in a plane and shape it. That's what I do.

Comment

Is there a good tutorial on how to do it, just to know the workflow ?

Comment

I reccomned just get a plane,shape it irgergaly,get a fold texture with lots of folds and the normal maps will do the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by live000 View Post
          Is there a good tutorial on how to do it, just to know the workflow ?
          No need for it, it's just a box with 2 sides missing and rounded edges.

Comment

yeah but... i don't know the technic... exacly how to make a folded bed with all the strech etc...

Comment

zbrush. end of discussion

Comment

I used a really high-res plane and ran a cloth simulation on it to collide with a simple shape of the bed. I saved it as a morph target or displacement map and then I removed the cloth sim and lowered the polycount on the plane and exported it. I forget exactly I how I had set it up as it was a long time ago, but going from high to low poly is pretty easy in max. I was even able to bake a texture normal off a turbosmoothed copy aswell.

Ah, now I think I remember, I used garment maker on a rectangle shape and not a plane. That way you can adjust detail levels. I think..I'm sorry, I did this 3 years ago at the start of my project.

Comment

Originally posted by live000 View Post
                  yeah but... i don't know the technic... exacly how to make a folded bed with all the strech etc...
                  It seems like you should look up some modeling tutorials, rather than how to create specific objects, as this is very basic. There is no "technique or workflow" neccesary to make something like this, once you know how to model in general, you don't need to follow things step by step to create everything.

Comment

Working...
                  X