Vue 8 to UDK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Last time i checked wasent Vue enviroments very high poly ? If it is imma find it a bit impossible. PLus you need to go through all the steps of Maya/Max or any other 3rd part application.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    no i actually think that will work fine for what i am looking for.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I did something similar to this for making distant terrain (that you couldn't actually walk on). The way I did it was to export 2 models from Vue to 3dsMax - one that was very high poly and another that was a few thousand. Then use the tools in max to bake a normal from the high poly to the low poly and export this into UDK.

Don't know if theres an easier or faster way but this worked pretty well for me and gave good looking results without high poly counts

If you are talking about exporting environments including trees/foliage etc that you could walk around in then I'm pretty sure this is impossible

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Vue 8 to UDK

Vue 8 to UDK

Ok I tried searching but could not find an answer. 3D World magazine this past month came with a free full copy of Vue 8 Frontier. Is there anyway to use the environments that I create in Vue in UDK?
Working...
X