UDK for realism only?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    haha I feel sort of embarrassed. I should have done more research. (Went and looked up games that were made with UDK.) Just was introduced to this engine a couple days ago. Was mesmerized by not only the look of it but the features the engine itself has. Now that I see it is indeed capable of what my current engine does and then multiply that by 10, UDK is my new love. haha

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I figured it would be able to. Just was hearing that it was meant for FPS's and things of the like so I wanted to be sure before I converted over. Thanks guys!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    UDK doesn't create the static meshes and textures aside from what comes with it at the base level, so the art style is pretty much up to whomever does....

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's called "UNreal" not "Real"

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It is only for realism, take a look at Jazz Jackrabbit, Dungeon Defense, Hazard and Whizzle.

I am a little sarcastic.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The art style depends only on you and your desires (and skill)

Leave a comment:

• started a topic UDK for realism only?

UDK for realism only?

Hello all. I am thinking about converting from the current engine I use over to UDK. Although, I have a question. Is UDK specifically set up for realism or can it perform with other art styles as well?
Working...
X