Cars AI Tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

basicaly:
    have some kind of line for them to follow, like a spline for example.
    there are a few spline following ai's about if you search enough.

Comment

i remember reading a book years ago with a chapter on Artificial intelligence for racing games, I wish I could rememebr the book as the article still sticks with me. This was way back in dos c programming days and their methods for some of the old style racers back then like test drive etc and they used what has been described here by other posters. Using paths. They went into detail about having mulitple paths for AI around a track and depending on your pre determined circumstances they could switch paths depending on what is happening to allow for a bit of unpredicatabilty. I think Paths are a great way to start and build on that. Start small make the AI follow a single path, then think about what happens should it manage to approach a player or other AI, create more paths to allow for overtaking depending on where they are on the track etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordt View Post
        i remember reading a book years ago with a chapter on Artificial intelligence for racing games, I wish I could rememebr the book as the article still sticks with me. This was way back in dos c programming days and their methods for some of the old style racers back then like test drive etc and they used what has been described here by other posters. Using paths. They went into detail about having mulitple paths for AI around a track and depending on your pre determined circumstances they could switch paths depending on what is happening to allow for a bit of unpredicatabilty. I think Paths are a great way to start and build on that. Start small make the AI follow a single path, then think about what happens should it manage to approach a player or other AI, create more paths to allow for overtaking depending on where they are on the track etc etc.
        Could You Tell Me The Name of the book?

Comment

heres an interesting post about racing ai in general (not about udk)
          http://www.gamedev.net/topic/535668-...-the-bad-joke/
          and some more stuff here
          http://www.aiwisdom.com/bygenre_racing.html

you need to deside what you want to do, then ask specific questions and maybe someone can help.

Comment

Working...
          X