Cars AI Tutorials

Hi All
    How To Create Cars AI In Udk?

The same way you create other AI?

Comment

you imagin i wanted to create Car Racing AI In My Project
      WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Comment

try this one, its not the best racer but it could give you a starting point
        http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...d.php?t=742967

Comment

It's just AI. Honestly all you have to do is draw a path and tell them to stay on it and then enter a time for how long it takes them to finish. I mean that is pretty much all that is necessary for those games.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks All For Help

Comment

Make a basic premise map using incredibly basic AI where the cars basically just drive around. Once you have that, tell us how you did it and we can help more from there. There are a few ways to go about it, but if you just copy someone's script you won't know what it does so it'll be a lot harder to work on advancing it (trust me, it's typically a lot harder to try and figure out what someone else's work means than writing your own. I tried to steal a program in a C class because I didn't want to write it, no idea what the hell most of the code was. Did what I wanted for the most part, but it made no sense.).

Comment

Originally posted by UnspoiledWalnut View Post
                It's just AI. Honestly all you have to do is draw a path and tell them to stay on it and then enter a time for how long it takes them to finish. I mean that is pretty much all that is necessary for those games.
                lol i wish
                that ai i posted is a hack of utbot and probably is way too complex, but theres quite a bit more to making a racing ai than what you said there.

Comment

To making good AI there is. Not to making a base that I want him to. He's obviously never done this before, and is likely new to coding, so I want him to get the basic layout done so that he, A) can begin to develop his own programming style and get comfortable with the awkward logic, B) all of the tutorials I know of are fairly advanced and he needs to at least have a basic understanding of this in order to follow, and C) I hate racing games and typically, in all honesty, I think that if they just did that the game would be about as advanced. I understand that typically the AI is more complex, but in my opinion on that genre that's about as much effort as I think needs to be in it.

Comment

Is Video Tutorial For CARS AI In youtube or ...?

Comment

Just look up a tutorial for AI in general and work your way from there.

Comment

See what you did?

Comment

Me? Yeah, I repeated you pretty much, because he pretty much repeated the question despite being answered.

Comment

Copy the IA for UDK Cars, and Change the models.

Comment

No, Tegleg. Got him all off track and now he's confused.

Comment

Working...
                              X