Skydome glare?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    If you mean a lens flare, here is a decent tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzBcMNx0hRs

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You set your skymap material type to Unlit, then you would put your texture map in the Emissive slot.

Lightshafts aren't quite the same as 3ds Max volumetrics. For the sky, you might place a directional light to make the sunlight, and then under the light properties there's a section for lightshafts, but they aren't actually volumetric. If you're looking at the sun, it would take the stuff that's brightest (like the sun) and create lightshafts from that as a post processing effect. But you won't see them unless you're looking that direction.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I can mean both, I guess, since I'm learning my way around UDK. I would imagine that the texture map for the sky itself would go in Diffuse, rather than Emissive, since the Bloom effect would occupy that? The light shafts would be something along the lines of a volumetric effect, like it is in Max?

Thanks,

HL

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Do you mean lightshafts? They are a property of the light component.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Do you mean Bloom? You could make a second texture map of just the parts you want to glow (like the sun) and set that to emissive in your material, or use an Add node to add that image to your original sky image (which would make the value for the sun higher than 1.0)

You can also create a lens flare that you would place in the scene to give it an optical effect.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Skydome glare?

Skydome glare?

Hi,

I'm rather new to UDK, and do know how to make a skydome correctly, however, how do you get that glaring sunlight effect seen in so many video examples - meaning that in a skydome photo, there usually is a sun, but no glare, blinding or otherwise, and it does seem to be some sort of a light effect.

Thanks for any help.

HL
Working...
X