New game directory in recent UDK versions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New game directory in recent UDK versions

Is there any tutorial that shows you how to create an empty game folder for your game, that uses a recent version of UDK?

For example:

I have tried many tutorials like this one: http://www.hourences.com/an-entire-simple-udk-game/

but there aways seems to be some diference in the archives they show in the tutorial and the ones I have in my UDK(diferent lines of code, for example) and I haven´t been able to make it work yet.

any help is appreciated, thanks.

Personally, when starting a new thing, I add

Code:
    [Core.System]
    Paths=..\..\MyGameContent
    to the defaultengine.ini and now I have a blank folder to keep things somewhat more organized. As far as Hourences tutorial, from what other people have said, everything in there works except for the menu system, as that used the old system. There are plenty of tutorials in the Scaleform forum just below this one, as to how to do menus.

Comment

Same here. If someone could help I would appreciate it.

Comment

*mouses up to top line of this page*
        *clicks Documentation*
        *clicks UDK Programming Home*

Comment

I just realized I never thanked you blade.

I hadn´t clicked documentation before because I thought it was for things like licensincing and legal stuff(I am not a native english speaker and had only seem documentation when used about things like LEGAL documents).

Thank you.

Comment

I finally figure this out too. But I was trying to get it to work with the Mobile editor. There are a few things that the Docs do not mention that the Eat3d Paid tutorials did. I have found them to be a great tool when learning UScript.

The price isn't much for the amount of knowledge and detail you get with them.

Comment

Originally posted by SkullKing View Post
              I just realized I never thanked you blade.

I hadn´t clicked documentation before because I thought it was for things like licensincing and legal stuff(I am not a native english speaker and had only seem documentation when used about things like LEGAL documents).

Thank you.
              You're welcome it's undergoing lots of reorganization, but that's where the official documentation is

*considers how epic could make that more obvious*

Comment

Working...
              X