Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is UDK license valid for future versions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is UDK license valid for future versions?

Greets.

I did not see these questions in the FAQs, so I am asking here - please pardon if these are already asked:

1. If I were to purchase a $99/25% license for the "current" version of UDK, does it apply to all future releases of UDK?

2. I note we're still "Beta" flagged - will this license change when the "Live" version(s) start releasing?

Thanks.

I'd imagine the license would work for all versions, as it is just to the engine, and not Build x.xxx.xxx

Comment

UDK will pretty much always be beta because it's presently constantly evolving.

As for licensing, it is a license to use UDK; it's not tied to any particular version.

Comment

Although I'm sure if they had a reason to they could change the license terms on future versions, but I don't think that would apply to past licensees. For instance they could have had different terms for UDK for IOS

Comment

I think that in the event that it was changed the easiest and most profitable thing to do would be to stop work on UDK and release the next build as something else. But that seems unlikely.

Comment

Thanks for all responses.

Much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
            X